*These release notes include links to relevant support articles under the Helpful Articles section below*
We are pleased to announce Major Release 2017.2. There are a number of minor improvements and bug fixes worth reviewing below. But the major aspect of this release has to do with fully embracing our new dashboard and introducing a new approach to navigation. Principally, we introduce new 'tabs' to allow users to have multiple items open at the same time. For instance-- open a document and take the training in a 2 different windows. In the screenshot below, you can see the user is looking at the full documents table, has audit #2095 open, is editing and SOP document and has 2 other documents open in the screen viewer. As a bonus-- the application will REMEMBER what tabs you had open last-- meaning you can speed right to your favorite tables/views the moment you log in.
Two critical aspects of this:
- We will be deprecating the 'Old' dashboard, all of whose functionality is replicated/improved in new dashboard. We will be reaching out to any users on the old dashboard directly but here is a great article as reference.
- We will no longer include the existing tabs at the top of the application for Documents, Training, Audits and Issues. The upside-- you can access all these old areas from the sub dashboard. Some article for your reference:
- You will be able to add new content or search recent spots right from the dashboard. A good article here.
Thanks as always to our customers that send us great ideas and to our developers who have been working overtime to launch. We have an aggressive roadmap for the 2018!
- Navigation: Plus + button functionality
- Navigation: Tabs + Navigation Customization
- Navigation: We moved your tabs!
- Navigation: Graduating from the 'old tiles' dashboard (side by side)
- This announcement plus the email to all active admin users counts as our formal announcement for the release.
- We plan to deploy at 9pm on 4-Feb-2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if this causes any issues for your team-- we would expect some slowness or possible down time during deployment.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team-- so don't worry.
- About those Xs in the release notes title: clients have asked us to include the source code build ID in these release notes. We will do so post deployment-- this will match the version ID in production.
- All changes are available for you to access and test at test.zenqms.com, which was reset to production data in late November. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems.
- This release is being managed under change control #13738 and a full set of validation documents will be published and added to the auditor share as it is approved.
|ZENQ-2824||Permissions for My Company Dashboard in Audits/Observations/Issues/CAPAs|
|ZENQ-2823||PDF: Allow PDF conversion for PPSX and XLSM formats|
|ZENQ-2815||Add permission to see all events in a member|
|ZENQ-2814||Allow investigators/super users/issue editors to be able to change Site Assignment for an issue.|
|ZENQ-2813||Update Training Status compliance % calculation for Dashboard Pie Chart and Training Status column in different tables|
|ZENQ-2808||UI Responsiveness V1|
|ZENQ-2798||Create permission for adding supplier sites|
|ZENQ-2763||Permissions for audits and issues with new nav|
|ZENQ-2759||Security updates to support PCI Compliance recommendations|
|ZENQ-2758||Keywords search: Enhance error log|
|ZENQ-2756||Split permission "Can Create New Audit Reports or Manage Recurring Audits"|
|ZENQ-2747||Remove `Old Dashboard` + all related functionality|
|ZENQ-2746||Convert myIssues/myCAPAs, myReports/myObservations to filters in the main tables|
|ZENQ-2744||Dashboard: Rename options in toggle view drop-downs on all dashboards|
|ZENQ-2729||Documents: Exported PDFs should NEVER show track changes markups|
|ZENQ-2728||Daily Digest: Improve emails triggers and frequency|
|ZENQ-2679||Password reset screen-- eliminate problems with screen sequence|
|ZENQ-2602||New Navigation V1|
|ZENQ-2573||Reports Dashboard: Change report type for Izenda reports|
|ZENQ-2557||Dashboard CSS Refactoring|
|ZENQ-2269||Video Playback icon|
|ZENQ-2079||Rename Member Category column to CAPA Category|
|ZENQ-1973||Personal Settings: Security Challenge Question Save Window and Redirect|
|ZENQ-1962||Data Migration-- enhancements to functionality to import even more data directly|
|ZENQ-1090||Don't send emails to users selected for "Activated" who have status = Active|
|ZENQ-2859||Draft Review tab should not be saved in RVI|
|ZENQ-2857||Audit Workflow: Users assigned to Publish Final Review workflow can NOT download audit report PDF|
|ZENQ-2855||Documents: Workflow participants only can't view PDF from Signatures Needed|
|ZENQ-2852||Login/2FA: users without 2FA, from members that require 2FA, are no longer forced to set 2FA|
|ZENQ-2839||New Dash - export Excel file is corrupted|
|ZENQ-2720||Daily Digest: email is triggered even if nothing new happened since user's last login|
|ZENQ-2710||PDF.js-- enhance restrictions to prevent user select/copy text/print|
|ZENQ-2701||SSO: LDAP case sensitive comparison|
|ZENQ-2693||Session expiration not resetting for particular server-side actions|
|ZENQ-2688||PDFs with Adobe signatures are not showing the signatures anymore when viewing in JS Viewer|
|ZENQ-2684||Multi-select custom field update comment contains the '|||' separator instead of ';'|
|ZENQ-2675||Issues on tool that retrieves build version from github|
|ZENQ-2672||Dashboard Flickering Issue|
|ZENQ-2669||New Dash - exporting in tables that have filters on columns yields less data|
|ZENQ-2563||OLD Dashboard - Clicking '#CAPAs were approved for implementation' redirects to empty table in myCAPAs page|
|ZENQ-2534||Jump to Qsheet search box in page header doesn't behave as expected|
|ZENQ-2407||IE Bugs with new dash|
|ZENQ-2308||UI: Page layout is broken on resize|
|ZENQ-2295||Dashboard - Export to excel - blank row is added|
|ZENQ-2019||Languages: Localization - /dashboard.aspx 2|
|ZENQ-2006||Link in the email received when an account is activated is broken|
|ZENQ-1943||Dashboard (old): Wrong 'Issues Where You Are an Investigator' count in Overdue Items modal|
|ZENQ-1917||Dashboard (old): Received announcements are not showing on Dashboard (since last login)|
|ZENQ-1102||Dashboard (old): Issue/CAPA drill down link for New Issues or New CAPAs has potential flaw|
project = ZENQ AND issuetype in (Bug, Bug_qTest, Improvement) AND fixVersion = 2017.2 ORDER BY key ASC, priority DESC, updated DESC