Through the use of tabs, our application now allows users to multi-task across all modules and customize their navigation row. Whenever a user performs a new task that would have previously opened a new window, the task is now opened in a separate tab located in the navigation row. The most exciting aspect of this new feature is that these tabs are locally saved; more specifically, if a user closes the application while he or she has multiple tabs open, upon reopening the application, all of his or her tabs will still be open. To clarify further, since this is locally saved, it will only apply to instances on the same computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Tabs can be closed using the grey located on the right side of the tab.
If you have more than 7 tabs open at once, older tabs can be found under the tab located on the right side of the navigation row.
Since tabs will remain in the navigation row after closing the application, this allows users to customize their navigation row. If a user is consistently modifying/monitoring specific Issues, he or she can leave the most used Issues section open in a tab when the application is closed; when reopening the application, the user can quickly access the relevant and saved tab.
Included below is an example to demonstrate the new tabs feature:
- First, you've decided that you would like to view the full Documents list
- You select the Documents section of the Dashboard then click Document: Full Table on the drop down menu
- You are now on a separate tab that includes the full Documents List
- However, you've realized that you would also like to modify an existing Issue
- You navigation back to the Dashboard by clicking the Home tab in the navigation row
*Note the Documents tab is still located in the navigation row, but is no longer selected*
- This time, you select the Issues section of the Dashboard then click Issues: Full Table on the drop down menu
- You click Edit on the Issue that you would like to modify
- Instead of opening in a pop out, the issue is now in it's own tab so you are still free to navigate to the Dashboard, Issues table, Documents table, or perform another function with the green + button
- If for some reason, either purposefully or accidentally, you close your internet browser
*Desktop wallpaper location is Santo Winery on Santorini, a part of the Greek Islands*
- When you navigate and log back into the application (e.g. app.zenqms.com)
- Your tabs have all been saved and your session opens to the tab that you were working on when the browser closed