'New Activities' is causing major delays to the main dashboard and the daily digest email notifications. With the changes made in 2021.1P7, New Activities's performance has been greatly decreased to the point where the application does not load for some users. This is a feature which was already planned to be removed, but the timeline for its removal has been accelerated due to the recent performance problems.
Users will not experience any interruption during this time. 'New Activities' will be removed from all user's main dashboard they see upon logging in, and it will be removed from the Daily Digest email notifications.
This release is being managed through change control 301-31. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2021.1P8 System Release Record 301-31 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect no downtime.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually composed of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2021.1P8 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- ZENQ 22.8 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- AUTH 3.5 - Authorization service
- CCM 4.2 - Change Control Module
- IM 3.5 - Issues Module
- MIG 3.2 - Import/Export Data service
- PDF 3.4 - PDF generation service
- Reports 2.2 - Reports Module
- TM 3.1 - Tasks Module
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.