2021.1P2 is addressing problems in the application where unauthorized trainees can download an Event and see other trainees, SSO with PIN users are being asked for their password, and two users can login in the same browser.
Clients should follow internal procedures to assess the impact of this release to their configured account, with that said, this release only handles bug fixes, and no new features are introduced. This release will offer more permanent fixes to issues that have already been resolved as a part of the 2021.1 release scope, resolve ongoing issues, and also prevent future occurrences of issues.
This release is being managed through change control 301-24. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2021.1P2 System Release Record 301-24 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect some downtime that will occur in non-peak hours.
We expect limited downtime that will occur in non-peak hours.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually comprised of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2021.1P2 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- AUTH 3.2 - Authorization service
- CCM 4.1 - Change Control Module
- IM 3.2 - Issues Module
- PDF 3.3 - PDF generation service
- ZENQ 22.2 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- TM 3.0 Tasks Module
- Reports 2.2 - Reports Module
- MIG 3.1 - Import/Export Data service
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.