This emergency release is aimed to address an issue in custom fields associated with Change Controls and Issues Modules only. Some single and multi-selection custom field types would not save data if the option had a single quotation (') or a question mark in the selection.
This release is being managed through change control 301-16. Due to the impact on saving data we are treating it as a 'Critical' patch per the Quality Technical Agreement. As a result we will be releasing this patch as soon as QA completes testing protocols. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2020.2P3 System Release Record 301-16. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We do not expect any downtime.
- CCM-1709: Single & Multi-select custom field types containing choices with a single quotation (') character can cause the dropdown list to appear blank; Question Marks are converted to $1 in Text Fields
- IM-864: Single & Multi-select custom field types containing choices with a single quotation (') character can cause the dropdown list to appear blank; Question Marks are converted to $1 in Text Fields
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually comprised of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2020.2P3 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- CCM 3.3 - Change Control Module
- IM 2.3 - Issues Module
- ZENQ 20.2 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- TM 2.2 Tasks Module
- PDF 2.2 - PDF generation service
- Reports 2.1 - Reports Module
- AUTH 2.1 - Authorization service
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team