We are pleased to announce release 2020.3! In this major release, we are introducing our new Import/Export Tool which allows administration users to import & export configurations for Change Control and Issues Modules. The Import/Export feature has no impact or require qualification unless you will use it in the future.
We are also making some key improvements to the Documents and Training Modules as follows which you will want to review in Test environment:
- Signature records in Documents will now contain a user's title (at the time of execution) and email address
- Training Due Dates will now persist in the user's dossier after completion of the training item, which will facilitate some new reporting around training compliance at the user level
- Training assignments will now handle newly assigned training items differently than re-training. New assignments will never appear "Green"-- they will be in the yellow slice and counted as "New/ Incomplete". This does not apply to retraining items which if due beyond 60 days will appear as "Green" and "Not Due Yet"
- Training Dossier was updated to reflect the points above, and also show Groups and Courses the user is assigned
There were also several minor bugs address.
This release is being managed through change control 301-14. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2020.3 System Release Record 301-14 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We do not expect any downtime.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually comprised of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2020.3 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- ZENQ 21.0 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- MIG 3.0 - Data Migration service
- AUTH 2.1 - Authorization service
- CCM 3.0 - Change Control Module
- IM 2.0 - Issues Module
- TM 2.0 Tasks Module
- PDF 2.0 - PDF generation service
- Reports 2.1 - Reports Module
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team-- so don't worry!