This emergency release addresses a problem with logging in to the application with SSO. A problem has been associated with Google Chrome’s latest version (v. 80) and how the application handles Chrome’s new approach to cookies, causing some SSO users to not be able to log into the application.
This release is being managed through change control 301-6. Due to the impact on logins we are treating it as a ‘Critical’ patch per the Quality Technical Agreement. As a result we will be releasing this patch as soon as QA completes testing protocols. You can download a copy of the 2020.1P3 Requirements & Traceability Matrix - Summary Release Notes.
We do not expect any downtime.
- ZENQ-4091: Upon logging in with SSO using Chrome with ‘Samesite’ default options, there is a white screen and console errors
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually comprised of the releases of it’s component services components. It is entirely possible for a module to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. ZenQMS Release 2020.1P3 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersions as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- ZENQ 19.3 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- AUTH 2.1 - Authorization service
- M 1.1 - Issues Module
- TM 1.1 - Tasks Module
- PDF 1.3 - PDF generation service
- CCM 2.3 - Change Control Modules
- Reports 2.0 - Reports Module
This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team-- so don't worry!
Please sign in to leave a comment.