We are fixing some bugs related to PDF export for Change Control, Issues and Tasks modules:
- Images included in Instruction fields or custom fields were being incorrectly resized when exporting to PDF. After the fix, the images will preserve their original size when exported to PDF.
- Text from custom fields that allow formatting (eg: Plain text/Instructions, Paragraph text with formatting, Task details, Task Assignee Response, etc) should keep the same formatting settings in the exported PDF (eg.: font size, color, indenting, etc.).
- Text from custom fields that allow formatting (eg: Plain text/Instructions, Paragraph text with formatting, Task details, Task Assignee Response, etc) was not completely visible (might appear as cut off) in the exported PDF. This was affecting fields that were copy/pasted from other sections, with some formatting applied.
- File attachments that contain capital letters in the file extension were throwing an error when converted to PDF. They are now exporting correctly.
- Link names, displayed in “Links/Attachments” section in the exported PDF, were not following the same naming convention as in the application. After this bug fix, the link name in the exported PDF will also include the linked item title/summary.
- Attachments included in PDF export for Change Control/Issues/Tasks modules were being resized all the time, without taking into account the value for “Shrink Document / Add Abbreviated Header“ field from PDF Export Options slider at the category level. Correct behavior is: If Shrink Document / Add Abbreviated Header = Yes then shrink attachments to allow for header rows at top (applies to all attached files). Otherwise, attachments will keep their original size and NO header will be applied on top.
- Enhanced the error handling for PDF export operation inside Change Control/Issues/Tasks modules, to prevent entire export to fail when some of the attached files were throwing an error in the resize operation. After the fix, whenever a specific attachment is throwing an error during the resize operation, a placeholder page will be included in the final export, with a generic error message; any other data (like system metadata information and other attachments) will be correctly included in the final exported PDF.
We are fixing a bug that was limiting the Name/Label field for stage and account custom fields to 60 characters. With this fix, the maximum limit will be 255 characters. Impact
Accounts using Change Control and Issues modules, accounts using the Import/Export Data service.
This release is being managed through change control 301-66. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 26.2.3 System Release Record 301-66 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect no downtime.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually composed of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 26.2.3 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- PDF generation service
- Import/Export Data service
- Change Control
- Account Backup
- Daily Summary emails
- SSO configuration
- Our versioning format has changed, please visit this article for more details
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.