We are pleased to announce the 2023.1p4 release!
With this new minor version, we are introducing 2 new Custom Field types along with some other minor improvements and also fixing some bugs across entire ZenQMS application:
- New Custom Field Type: User Selector
- New Custom Field Type: Role Selector
- Preventing users from adding themselves to “Administration: Account Super User” role from Users table
- Various Bug Fixes across entire application (see link below for details)
This release affects:
- Any accounts using Change Controls, Issues or Tasks modules
- Any accounts using Training OJT Events
- Any accounts using Daily Summary
We are introducing new Custom Field Types:
- User Single/Multiple Selector that allows selecting from a list of active users in the account and it is always updated with the latest list of users. There are a number of examples where clients create custom fields that are just a list of employees. For example, “Issue Logged By”, “Employees Impacted”, “Users to add to new Role”, and many more, are all examples of where someone would want a custom field to select from a list of users. This feature is now automated so that admins don’t have to manually update this list.
- Role Single/Multiple Selector that allows selecting from a list of Account Roles and it is always updated with the latest list of Account Roles. There are a number of examples where clients create custom fields that are just a list of roles. For example, “Role(s) impact”, “Add user to the following Role(s)”, “Approving Department”, and many more, are all examples of where someone would want a custom field to select from a list of Roles. This feature is now automated so that admins don’t have to manually update this list.
We are introducing a restriction to prevent users who have access to the Users table from being able to add/remove themselves from the “Administration: Account Super User” role.
There are other bugs in this release that have more minor impacts, see the traceability matrix for the full list of bugs.
To help prepare you for this review ahead of this being available in app.zenqms.com, we will invite all account administrators into test2.zenqms.com to view the contents of 2023.1p4 two weeks before it is going to be available in app.zenqms.com. For information on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This release is being managed through change control 301-51. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2023.1p4 System Release Record 301-51 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect no downtime.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually composed of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2023.1p4 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
AUTH 5.3, CCM 5.2, IM 6.0, PDF 5.3, ZENQ 24.4
- Change Control
- SSO configuration
- Import/Export Data service
- PDF generation service
- Daily Summary emails
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.
- For access to test2.zenqms.com, contact email@example.com