Update 18-APR: This release no longer is deprecating the ‘Send to Auditee’ workflow in the Audits Module. Due to this change, we have moved the deployment date to 21-APR-2023 at 6am EST. Since this has been removed from the release, we have updated the release notes below to reflect the change.
We are pleased to announce the 2023.1p2 release!
With this new minor version, we are introducing some improvements to Audit Reports module, Change Control and Issues Full Tables and also fixing some bugs across entire ZenQMS application:
- Simplified vendor management process (impact on Audits: Vendor List, formerly known as Audits: Watch List)
- Added “Active Workflows” and “Workflow Pending Signatures” columns to Issues and Change Control full tables & dashboards
- Various Bug Fixes across entire application
We will be deprecating the following functionality:
- Email sent to contact person for newly added supplier sites (vendors)
- “Manage Labels” functionality in Site qSheet and Audits: Vendor List (former Watch List)
- Ability to create audits as a contract consultant on behalf of a client
- "Audit Readiness" column in Administration: Site Management and in Site qSheet - all sites are ready to receive audits immediately after they are created
- Informative text about completed/in progress audit reports displayed in Site profile
- Ability to select add registered consultants (from other members in ZenQMS) as auditors
- "CV Summary" & "Professional Affiliations" section from User Profile
This release affects:
- All accounts that are using Audits (Audit Reports) module - see below
- All accounts that are using ZenQMS for Vendor management (Audits: Vendor List, formerly known as Audits: Watch List) - see below
- Any accounts using Change Controls, Issues or Tasks modules
- Any accounts using Member Account Backup
- Any accounts using Training Courses & Personal Events
We are simplifying the Vendor management process: Audits: Watch List is now renamed to Audits: Vendor List and contains the list of all vendors that either have an audit attached or have values set for any of the custom fields defined by member (we are no longer relying on labels for managing the vendors). Also, the “# Audits in ZenQMS” column was updated to display the total number of audits created by current member for a specific vendor (as opposed to the total number of audits created by any ZenQMS member for that specific vendor). Click here for an article with more information and visuals.
There are other bugs in this release that have more minor impacts, see the traceability matrix for the full list of bugs.
To help prepare you for this review ahead of this being available in app.zenqms.com, we will invite all account administrators into test2.zenqms.com to view the contents of 2023.1p2 two weeks before it is going to be available in app.zenqms.com. For information on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This release is being managed through change control 301-48. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2023.1p2 System Release Record 301-48 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect no downtime.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually composed of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2023.1p2 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
AUTH 5.2, CCM 5.1, IM 5.2, MIG 4.2, PDF 5.2, TM 5.2, ZENQ 24.2
- Change Control
- Daily Summary emails
- Import/Export Data service
- PDF generation service
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- For accounts that utilize the Audits module, we will be hosting 2 webinars, April 11th and April 13th at 1pm EST. These webinars will address the updates to the current Audits module in detail. Sign-ups to be posted here and on our website shortly.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.
- For access to test2.zenqms.com, contact email@example.com