2020.3P4 is a continuation of the performance improvements deployed in 2020.3P2. This release will improve the performance of the Training pie chart in the Main Dashboard and Training Dashboard, and the Trainee Record table. Performing queries in the pie chart (clicking on one of the slices of pie), and queries in the Trainee Record table have been improved and users will experience faster loading times.
The impact of this release is the same as 2020.3P2, and is limited to the pie chart and drill down table on the Main Dashboard, pie chart and drill down table on the Training Dashboard, and sorting/filtering on the Trainee Records table. If you were unaffected by the 2020.3P2 release, then this release will also not affect you.
This release is being managed through change control 301-20 and a full set of validation documents will be published after the release. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2020.3P4 System Release Record 301-20 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect limited to no downtime that will occur in non-peak hours.
- ZENQ-4703: Use MemberID in SQL indexing and filtering to reduce reads in the database and get better performance in the Training Pie Chart in the main dashboard, training dashboard, and trainee records table
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually comprised of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2020.3P4 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- ZENQ 21.3 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- CCM 3.3 - Change Control Module
- IM 2.3 - Issues Module
- TM 2.2 Tasks Module
- Reports 2.1 - Reports Module
- AUTH 2.1 - Authorization service
- MIG 3.0 - Import/Export Data service
- PDF 3.1 - PDF generation service
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.