2020.3P3 addresses a bug in a third-party PDF conversion library (Aspose) that was causing problems with the following image file types: GIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP. When exporting items to PDF, these image file attachments were obscured by an "Evaluation Only" overlay. This patch is an update to the Aspose image processing library to remove the unwanted overlay.
This release is being managed through change control 301-19 and a full set of validation documents will be published after the release. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2020.3P3 System Release Record 301-19 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We do not expect any downtime.
- PDF-274: Exporting attached images to PDF are converted with an 'Evaluation Only' stamp in the top-left corner
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually comprised of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2020.3P3 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
- PDF 3.1 - PDF generation service
- CCM 3.3 - Change Control Module
- IM 2.3 - Issues Module
- TM 2.2 Tasks Module
- Reports 2.1 - Reports Module
- AUTH 2.1 - Authorization service
- MIG 3.0 - Import/Export Data service
- ZENQ 21.2 - Flagship application and all other modules/components that are not Change Control, Issues, Tasks, Reports, or Settings
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.