Update: 2023.1 is now scheduled for 24-FEB at 9pm EST (25-FEB 2am UTC)
We are pleased to announce the 2023.1 release!
With this new version, we are introducing the following new features/improvements to ZenQMS:
- Moving Groups management from Administration > Configuration > Groups/Permissions into Settings > Account > Roles/Permissions. In order to support this, all Legacy Groups will be migrated into Account Roles.
- Ability to Merge two Account Roles together.
- Providing more details in the “Where is this role used” section inside the Account Roles/Permission slider, listing all places in the app where the role is assigned.
- Introducing “All Account Users” Account Role as a default role for every member account.
- Ability to add Account Custom Fields into the Users Table and edit custom field values for single/multiple users, as well as importing values using Configuration Import/Export tool.
- PDF exports are now sent to the My Downloads page and an entry is visible in the Audit Trail table whenever a Change Control/Issue/Task is exported to PDF.
- Ability to Force Retraining on OJT and Group Events
- Various enhancements in Account Users, related to users management:
- Enforcing Password Restrictions for Temporary Passwords created by Account Administrators;
- Ability to export all roles and permissions that a user is assigned to
- Enforce auto saving for all fields inside Edit User slider
- Enforce "Title" as a required field for all the Users in the Account
- Prevent Usage of International Characters in User's Email
- Ability to edit User's Site from Edit User slider
- Adding Site Name as a column in Users table
- Improvements to Change Control & Issues Modules related to Due Dates, Assignees and Tasks visibility
- Locking Stage Assignees field for editing after the workflow has been launched
- Draft Tasks to be visible for all stage assignees
- Ability for Task Creators to change the task due date without approval while the Task is still in draft
- All Tasks in that stage to automatically move to Active once a stage has been started
- 'Date Started' column in the tasks full table to reflect the date the Task moved to Active, not the date it was created
- Various Bug Fixes across entire application
We will be deprecating the following functionality:
- Creating Groups, and adding/removing from the Administration section. You will still assign Groups to permissions in the Training, Documents, and Audits modules in this page
- "Groups assigned to" column is removed from Users table (the information is now visible in Roles Assigned To column)
This release affects:
- All accounts and the administrators who are performing account user management and roles/permissions management - Groups management is dramatically changing, see below
- Any accounts using Change Controls, Issues or Tasks modules
- Any Accounts using Training OJTs and Group Events
All Groups that have been migrated to Account Roles will have the suffix “- migrated from Groups”. For example, if you had a Group titled “Quality Assurance”, there is now a corresponding Role titled “Quality Assurance - migrated from Groups”. Depending on how you managed Groups and Roles up until this point, you may now have two Account Roles for quality assurance: one titled “Quality Assurance” and one titled “Quality Assurance - migrated from Groups”. To resolve this duplicity, please use the new “Merge Roles” feature that is now available to you on the Account Roles page. This will allow you to select a ‘Surviving Role’ and a ‘Role to Be Merged’ and review the differences between the two roles before merging them into one.
To help prepare you for this review ahead of this being available in app.zenqms.com, we will invite all account administrators into test2.zenqms.com to view the contents of 2023.1 six weeks before it is going to be available in app.zenqms.com. For information on this, please contact email@example.com.
This release is being managed through change control 301-44. You can download a copy of the first stages of the system release record, including the requirements and testing traceability matrix for release notes here: 2023.1 System Release Record 301-44 Release Notes. An entire release record will be available for review after the release is completed, in the auditor share account.
We expect 60 minutes of downtime.
ZenQMS comprises a microservice architecture that breaks up large functions into smaller services. This reduces risk in the development and release process. As such this flagship release version is actually composed of the releases of the individual services components. It is entirely possible for a component service to not change versions in a release cycle even if other components do. Here is the summary for this release.
ZenQMS Release 2023.1 contains the following “FixVersions”. We use FixVersion as an internal versioning scheme for our modules/services and maintain them in Jira.
AUTH 5.0, IM 5.0, PDF 5.0, TM 5.0, ZENQ 24.0, MIG 4.0
- Change Control
- This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
- Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team.
- For access to test2.zenqms.com, contact firstname.lastname@example.org