*To be able to update User information, the user performing the action needs to have the "Account Users" permissions within a role*
In this article you will find out how to navigate to the users table and make updates to user's information as well as the ability to Invite, Activate, Disable or Reset Passwords for a user.
- Navigate to ZenQMS Dashboard and Click on the Settings Tab:
- Click on the Users tab under Account:
- Type the users name that you are looking to update or select them from the list using the checkbox to the right of their name. You can also search by any of the other provided filters and add additional columns by clicking the green (+) sign under the "Add New Users" button:
- Click on the blue hyperlinked name of the user you would like to update:
- A slider will open to the right with options for editing the user's information.
- There are (4) clickable action items at the top of the user's information:
- If creating a temporary password; we have enforced Password Restrictions for Temporary Passwords created by Account Administrators which can be seen in the below screenshot
- Reset Password - There are two options presented once clicked which includes sending a link to the user to reset their password or assigning a temporary password to the user.
- Activate User
- Disable User
- Send Invite
- Below those options you can edit the user's Email, Name, Title, Site Name, assign a supervisor and update the User’s Site information.
- Site has been added as a column selection for the User’s Table when customizing
- "Title" is now a required field for all the Users in the Account
- We have prevented the usage of International Characters in User's Email
- If a user updates their Site within their user profile, the Site field in the Edit User’s slider will also update
Beneath the user's information is a list of the User Custom Fields and Roles and Permissions. Here you can update any User Custom Fields that might apply and configure the user's roles by checking and unchecking any assignments that apply. These will save automatically upon selection and closing the slider.
- Click on (x) button in the top left to close the slider
- Auto-save will be applied for all fields inside Edit User slider when updated
- To perform updates on multiple users:
- Select the users you would like to group together by checking the box next to their names.
- A new banner will display below the "Add New Users" button.
- Identifies the number of rows selected
- The ability to select all rows
- Clear all selections
- Perform Group Actions
- Click on the Group Action Drop Down
- Here you will have the same edit capabilities you had for a single user, but with the ability to apply it to multiple users
- We have also added the Ability to export all roles and permissions that a user is assigned to by clicking in the Export Roles button within the Edit User slider
Need help? Please see video below:
Please sign in to leave a comment.