OJT is an event type that behaves more like a document because it can be set to recurring training intervals and assigned to a course. OJT events differ from Group or Personal events in one key way, they don't need to be formally approved to be assigned/used.
The other critical point about OJT Events is that users do not sign off on these events. OJT compliance is set by a trainer (who owns the OJT Event) or a user with the correct permissions, who can select the attendee for an OJT event and mark them compliant.
You will now be able to force selected users to Retrain on OJT events.
In order to create an OJT event, the user must the following permission:
PERMISSION NEEDED: "Can Add New OJT Events"
As mentioned above, users who attend this event do not sign off that they have attended, this will be done by an instructor or a person who has the right permission to mark them as compliant. If this is an event that they do not have edit access to, they will not be able to mark anyone as compliant.
PERMISSION NEEDED: "Can Set a Training Item as Compliant / Non-Compliant For Any User"
ADDING AN OJT EVENT:
1. Log into your ZenQMS account. and click on the Training module tab. From the "My Training Dashboard" drop down, select the "Training: Events":
2. If you have been given the correct permission to add an OJT Training Event you will see . Click this and choose a Topic Name for the event and click "Create". The application will open a new tab with the content and settings for the new OJT event:
3. You will be able to write a description, set a retraining interval to make this a reoccuring event, and set a training grace period.
4. Scrolled down to the "Assigned Trainees" section and click on the "Manage Assigned Trainees" button to assign the Users who will need to complete this training:
5. Once the event/training has been completed and the user(s) have attended, you can mark them as compliant by:
- Opening the event from the Training Events Full Table view and clicking on the "Manage Assigned Trainees" button.
- Select the users who have competed the training using the check boxes.
- Click on the "Group Actions" button and click on .
- You will then be asked to execute a e-signature to sign-off on this action. This is the signature that is appended to the audit trail and the user's training certificate.
6. Once a user(s) have been marked as compliant, you can click on to be marked as "At Risk" and establish a new Due Date.
Is there a way to attach a training certificate to the individuals who's attended the training? Or do I have to attach all the training certificates to the training event itself?
Happy to help, you would need to attach the external training certificates to the actual training event.
Please sign in to leave a comment.