NOTE: Users will need the permission "Member Administration/Configuration" to perform these steps. User, Issue Module, & Change Control Module custom field configurations are done in the "Settings" section.
Custom fields are one of the key features of ZenQMS. Within the application, each module can have up to 20 custom fields to capture your data using text boxes, multi-selects, drop-downs, etc... These fields appear in addition to the existing fields within the module.
Creating a Custom Field
1. Log into ZenQMS
2. Select the "Settings" icon from the Main Dashboard
3. Click on the "Administration" tab
4. Click "Configuration":
5. Click "".
Fill in the information:
1. Fill in an "Abbreviation" and "Full Name" for this new field
2. Select the module placement (e.g. documents, issues, etc...)
3. Select the type of custom field.
4. Click the "Save" hyperlink
5. If you selected Mutli-Select/Member Defined Dropdown as a custom field "type", you will need to click the "List" hyperlink next to the new field in order to add values. Type in the value and click "Add", repeat for each value.
6. To activate the custom field, you will need to change the value to "Yes" in the "Active" column. This is done by clicking on the hyperlinked "No".
7. You have the ability to make the new custom field required (a user cannot move forward without filing out). This can be done by changing the value in the "Required" column to "Yes" by clicking on the hyperlinked "No"
Managing Custom Field Settings
1. To edit the display order, update the custom field abbreviation, or full name, click the "Edit" hyperlink. You cannot change the Type of custom field after the field has been created.
2. Make the necessary updates
3. Click the "Save" hyperlink
Updating Custom Field Values: (Mutli-Select/Member Defined Dropdown)
1. Click the "List" hyperlink next to the custom field
2. To add additional values type in the new values and click "Add"
3. To remove values, click "" next to an existing value
3. To exit out once you are finished, click the "x" in the upper right hand corner of the Update List pop-out.
Deleting a Custom Field
NOTE: Deleting a custom field will permanently delete the custom field and all of its related data. This action cannot be reversed.
1. Click the "Delete" hyperlink next to the custom field. Click "Yes"
Need Help? Please watch video below: