PERMISSION NEEDED: "Account Custom Fields"
Account custom fields can be used in the Issues Module. These are managed under the "Settings" section from the Main Dashboard:
Under "Account", click "Custom Fields":
Creating a New Account Custom Field:
Click on the "Create" button:
The Field Editor slider box will slide in from the right side of your screen:
1. Name/Label: Name the custom field.
2. Abbreviation: Give the custom field name an abbreviation.
3. Description: Add a description of the custom field.
4. Type: Select the type of custom field you want. All of the "Types" that can be selected:
- Single Line of Text: A user has limited characters that will fit in a single row
- Paragraph Text: A user can write out multiple rows of text
- Paragraph Text With Formatting: A user will have a text box that has basic word formatting options and the ability to import
- Integer: A user will answer with a whole number
- Decimal: A user can use a decimal in the number
- Date: A user will complete the field with a date chosen from a calendar
- Website: A user can insert a website, which can be opened by clicking on the "" icon
- Yes/No: A user can choose between "Yes" or "No" values
- Single Selection: A user can choose one value out of a dropdown list.
- Multiple Selection: A user can choose multiple values from a list.
- Role Single Selection: (see: How to Create a "Role Single Selection" Type Account Custom Field)
- Role Multiple Selection: (see: How to Create a "Role Multiple Selection" Type Account Custom Field)
- User Single Selection (see: How to Create a "User Single Selection" Type Account Custom Field)
- User Multiple Role Selection (see: How to Create a "User Multiple Selection" Type Account Custom Field)
5. Required: Select either "yes" or "no".
NOTE: If selecting "Single Selection" or "Multiple Selection", you will need to add the choice values by clicking on the "" button next to "Choices" or import a list:
Editing An Existing Account Custom Field:
In order to edit an existing account custom field, click on the name of the custom field. Then you can edit/add/change any of the values.
NOTE: The "Type" field will not be editable. If a new type is required, you will need to create a new account custom field.