We are pleased to announce Major Release 2020.1. Please click here to download the 2020.1 Requirements & Testing Traceability Matrix (Summary for Release Notes).
This is a broad and significant release which:
- Introduces a new issues module that offers the same high level of configurability offered in the Change Control Module.
- Enhances functionality with Tasks (which are captive actions in a Change Control or Issue). Now tasks will be assigned directly to a stage and have protocols that govern task life cycle and edit rights.
- Debuts our new Audit Trail feature, which will allow authorized users to access audit trail data at the item level (e.g. a Change Control) or administrative users to access a full audit trail at the account level. The latter includes login activity and spans actions for all Issues, Change Controls and Tasks.
- Add a new page design and ZenQMS logo.
- Additionally, we have included bug fixes and performance improvements to various areas of the application.
In terms of scope/impact, accounts that use the issues module or the change control module will want to assess this. For the latter we should note there is no forced migration, but you can log in to test.zenqms.com today to see how your existing issues are rendered in the new approach, and we will reach to you individually to guide you through the process. This will be a base configuration for legacy items-- you can really configure this to match your process after you launch.
We should also note that if you use the Audits module, the new page header moved the Jump to Qsheet search bar to the bottom right footer-- a UI change only. Validation/Deployment Details
This announcement plus the banner announcement in the application to ALL users is our formal announcement for the release.
We plan to deploy on 31-JAN-2020 at 9pm EST. If this causes any issues for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible -- we expect some slowness or possible down-time during deployment.
Deployment (as always) is handled by the ZenQMS team-- so don't worry!
All changes will be available for you to access and test at test.zenqms.com as of tomorrow. The data in test.zenqms.com was reset to match production data in early December 2019. If you have any problems logging in, please email email@example.com.
This release is being managed under change control #301-3 and a full set of validation documents will be published and added to the auditor share as they are approved. Note this will all be one self contained file, which will be easier to read and track exactly to our SDLC.
Please sign in to leave a comment.