With the new Change Control module comes a new way to assign specific permissions within the main sections of the Change Control Module. To configure these Roles/Permissions you will log into your ZenQMS account and click on the to access the Change Control settings. On the left side of the screen, you will choose the "Roles/Permissions" option.
Create a Role
1. Click on the , a window will slide from the right, you will be asked to create a name for the role, and a brief description.
2. Choose the change control functions for each role:
- Account Custom Fields - allows user to create new account custom fields and manage existing
- Account Modules - allows users to turn on and off account wide visibility for modules (Only Change Control & Tasks right now)
- Account Roles/Permissions - allows users to create new roles and manage existing roles and the permissions given
- Account API Settings - allows users to access the API settings for the Change Control, Issues, and Tasks
- Account Audit Trail - allows users to access the account wide audit trail
- Configuration: Issues - users with this permission will be able to view Issue categories. Only users under the Administration: Account Super User role can create new categories
- Configuration: Change Control - users with this permission will be able to view Change Control categories. Only users under the Administration: Account Super User role can create new categories
- Configuration: Tasks - users with this permission will be allowed to create new Task Types
- Import/Export Configurations - users with this permission can access the Import Export tool for Change Control and Issues
3. After you have created the role and configured the permissions, you can add users to that role by clicking on the blue hyperlinked number in the "Users" column of the Account Roles/Permissions table.
A window will appear to the right where you will be able to choose users from a dropdown and add them to that Role.
Edit Existing Roles/Permissions
To edit an existing Role/Permissions, click on the blue hyperlinked "Name" of the Role, the window will pop up from the right, you can change the name of the Role, change the description, add or remove a permission by checking or unchecking a box, or you can delete the role by clicking on the red trash can.
To add or remove users, simply click on the blue hyperlinked number in the users column and add users from the drop-down or remove them by clicking on the red trash can.