In order to create a new change control, hover over the located next to the left of your Home tab.
1. Under "Create a New" you will see Change Control as an option, click on it. NOTE: You will only see "Change Control" if the Change Control module has been enabled and you have the permission to add a new change control.
2. You will be asked to:
- Provide a Title / Short Description for the Change Control
- Choose the Change Control Category
- Select a Project Due Date, which is the Change Control completion target date
3. Click on Create. In the next screen you will be able to:
- Box #1 - See the Change Control Category Key
- Box #2 - See and edit the Title/Short Description
- Box #3 - See the Project Due date
- Box #4 - Clicking on the will show the due date history timeline
- Box #5 - Clicking on the will allow you request a new project due date Requesting a new Project/Stage/Task Due Date
- Box #6 - Add more Project Assignees, project assignees are notified when a new change control is created, when stages are completed, and when the project, stage, or task is past due.
As you scroll down in the details, you will see the Task List, where you can:
- Box #7 - Clicking on the will take you to your tasks full table
- Box #8 - Clicking allows you to create a new project Task. Article Link: Creating a Task: Project and Stage
- Box #9 - The two icons allow you to link an item or upload an attachment
4. Once you are through the Project Details section, you will enter the first stage of your Change Control. This should look very similar to the details of the project:
- Stage due date log, logs all due date changes
- Allows you to request a stage due date extension
- Allows you to add additional stage assignees
- Allow you to link other account items and upload attachments
- Under Links/Attachment you will find any Fields or Instructions. If you made the custom account or stage field required, then you will have to complete the field in order to move forward.
The Chat Log that allows users to log comments in regards to the stage. The comment is logged and time stamped.
5. When the stage has been completed, the stage assignee will click on . The user will then choose step assignees and select the stage assignee for the next stage (if applicable).
6. Once a stage assignee is chosen click on , the stage assignee will be required to sign-off. After the workflows are complete, the next stage will become available. If you notice that you missed something and you need to go back into the stage, you do have the opportunity to "Cancel workflows and revert to this phase". This will revert all signatures and the workflows will have to be relaunched.
7. You will repeat this until all stages have been completed. In your Change Control table, you will be able to see that it has reached its Final Stage.