This article will provide you with a high level view of the process of configuring a Change Control Category.
Log into your ZenQMS account, click on the tab on the left side of the screen. Click on the option from the list on the left side. Click on
1. General Settings -
Name: input the name of your Change Control
Description: provide a brief description
Key: this allows you to choose your own unique prefix for the Change Control you are creating, ex: SOP
Key Starting #: the number where Change Controls will being for this category, ex: SOP-14, SOP-15, etc.
2. General Settings - Part 2
PDF Export Options: Here you can choose how you want the PDF export of the Change Control to look like and include.
Roles/Permissions: Here you can select the Roles(Users/Groups) you would like to be able to take certain actions and have certain visibility within this Change Control and within the action itself
Stages & Transitions: Here you will name and define each stage of your Change Control and the workflow that must be completed prior to moving onto the next stage. You can have as many stages as you want and multiple transition options per stage. DO NOT CIRCLE BACK/LINK BACK TO A PREVIOUS STAGE (e.g. Stage 1 > Stage 2 > Stage 4 > back to Stage 2). If you need to create repetitive loops, you will need to define a separate stage (e.g. Stage 1 > Stage 2 > Stage 4 > Stage 2 with an additional qualifier, Stage 2 Second Pass).
- Configuring Stages & Transitions in a Change Control category
- Managing Stage Assignees and Workflows
Actions You Can Take: What you see depends on your permission.
- When the category is still in draft you will see or
- When a category is Active and in use you will see or
***Change Control categories are version controlled and cannot be deleted.
3. Stage Configuration - Adding Fields
Once you have created your stages and transitions, you can then add Custom Fields to each stage. You will have 3 types of fields that you can add:
4. Stage Configuration - Manage Stage Assignees/Signatures
Stage Assignees are notified when a stage is launched and ready for completion or when the user needs to complete workflows for the active stage. Each stage must have at least one assignee. Stage owners are chosen from the list of authorized individuals or groups. You will also decide what users signatures are required to move onto the next stage or who needs to be notified that the stage has been completed.
- You can add as many signatures/view notifications that you want
- You can choose the order in which they are sent. Or you can choose to have them all sent at once by making the number the same
- You can choose whether they can be delegated and/or if a comment is required
5. Once your Change Control category is fully configured, you can the click on