1. Log into ZenQMS and click the Documents tab on the lefthand side
2. Click on the drop-down labeled "My Documents Dashboard" and select Documents: Full Table
3. Click on , then click on
4. Create a name for your Category and click on
5. The "Manage Document Categories" box will appear and you will need to set the following fields. These settings will be applied to all documents that fall in this category. *Some may be changed at he document level, please see Adding a New Document article as a reference
- Archive Rule for Deletion: You will need to choose an archive rule for deletion. This determines if and when a document within this category can be permanently deleted from the system after it has been retired and is in the archive.
- Automatically create training records for workflow participants: Users who have been assigned to the approval workflow will automatically be given a compliant training record
- Default User Retraining Interval: user will have to retrain on this document to whatever month value is chosen
- Default Review Interval: Authors must review the document at whatever month interval value is chosen
- Default Training Grace Period (days): This # of days will be added to the assignment date to calculate training due date for newly assigned users. Note that a user's actual training due date = [(assignment date + grace period days)
- *Document Security.
- PDF Watermark: Text will appear in large red watermark font across all pages of the converted PDF. If you’d like to have a different PDF Watermark than “Uncontrolled”, make sure to update that field. If you would like to not have a watermark, delete “Uncontrolled” from the text box.
- PDF User/Time Stamp
- Yes In Header - this option inserts a detailed time stamp in the header and include user name, application environment, date/time in UTC format
- Yes in Watermark - this option includes the user ID and time stamp as a watermark.
- PDF Header with Document Data: This feature allows you to include dynamically generated header that will include your company logo, document title, document category, version number, state, effective date, and ZenQMS document ID. You can choose up to 3 custom fields that you want included in the system generated header.
7. To then add users who you want to be able to View/Access/Edit these documents, you will click on the number 0 behind "Users with Editor/Access Rights" link at the bottom of the details. In order for someone who does not have Super User permissions to be able to see the document they must be added here. From this point you can choose what type of accessibility they will have. Click on this article for more information on Managing Document User Visibility & Accessibility
8. You can then assign users individually or by groups, by selecting from the drop down
Once the category is created, you can always go back by selecting the category from the drop down to changed/edit any settings. Remember to click after you have made changes.