In order to add a new document a user must have permission at the group permission level (Permission Table) and also at the category level. View this article for more on information.
1. Log into ZenQMS, click on the Documents tab
2. Click on the drop-down labeled "My Documents Dashboard" and select Documents: Full Table
3. Click on
4. Choose a unique name for the document and choose the category that it will be under
5. Next is where you can select certain settings for this document, though most are set at the Document Category level.
Authors - you can add up to 3 Authors
Upload Revision - click the to upload the document file, can be any type of file format
- Name (must be unique) - will already be populated
- Category - will already be populated
- Document Security - you will be able to choose from 3 different settings:
- Users Can Download a Unrestricted PDF
- Users Can Download Original File
- Users Can Only View Document
- Authorized Users Can Issue Controlled Copies
- Set Effective Date - You have 2 options to choose from
- Based on target date
- Based on training % - once all assigned training has been completed the doc will become effective
Choose if you want training records created for authors/workflow participants
- Choose if you would like users to retrain on the document and how often, 3-60 month options
- Choose how often you would like the document to be reviewed by the authors
- Document Description and Version Comments - boxes are both standard text boxes into which you can type directly or copy and paste. Add a description of the document uploaded and commentary on the version of the document.
- You have the ability to the link the document to another item, can be another doc, an Issue, CAPA, event, audit, etc.
- Training Challenge Question - You have the ability to add a training question
LAUNCH APPROVAL WORKFLOW
- When you click on , Your preset workflow settings will appear on the next screen. You can add additional steps if necessary by clicking “Add Another Workflow Step” at the bottom of this screen.
- The approval workflow is configured at the category level
- To send the document out for Approval, click the green “Launch Workflow” button. As the author you will enter your username and password to sign immediately. Workflow users will be notified to come into the system to review and sign.
LAUNCH DRAFT REVIEW
- If the document draft needs to be approved before bringing it to an effective or approved state, click and select from the list of names who you would like to review this draft.
- Click the green “Launch Workflow” button when you are finished adding the names in the proper order. At anytime you can click on the “Workflows/Signatures” subtab within a document to see where the document is within the approval process and who needs to review and sign next.