Our Commitment to You and the Protection of Your Data
We’re committed to partnering with ZenQMS customers and users to help them understand and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is the most comprehensive EU data privacy law in decades, and will go into effect on May 25, 2018.
Besides strengthening and standardizing user data privacy across the EU nations, it will require new or additional obligations on all organizations that handle EU citizens’ personal data, regardless of where the organizations themselves are located. On this page, we’ll explain our methods and plans to achieve GDPR compliance, both for ourselves and for our customers.
Preparing for the GDPR
The GDPR’s updated requirements are significant and our global team is working diligently to bring ZenQMS' product offerings and contractual commitments in line so customers can prepare themselves before May 25, 2018. Measures to achieve this include:
- Continuing to invest in our security infrastructure
- Making sure we have the appropriate contractual terms in place
- Ensuring we can continue to support international data transfers by maintaining our Privacy Shield self-certifications, and by executing Standard Contractual Clauses
- Product offerings that include new tools for data portability and data management
We’ll also continue to monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies, and will adjust our plans accordingly if it changes. We’ll provide you with regular updates along the way so that you’re always current.
Our Security Infrastructure and Certifications
Protecting our customers’ information and their users’ privacy is extremely important to us. As a cloud-based company entrusted with some of our customers’ most valuable data, we’ve set high standards for security. ZenQMS has invested heavily in building a robust approach to security, one that can handle a variety of issues — everything from threat detection to building new tools. In accordance with GDPR requirements around security incident notifications, ZenQMS will continue to meet its obligations and offer contractual assurances.
International Data Transfers: Privacy Shield and Contractual Terms
To comply with E.U. data protection laws around international data transfer mechanisms, we self-certify under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. These frameworks were developed to establish a way for companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
In addition, we offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet adequacy and security requirements for our customers who operate in the E.U.
Data Portability Solutions and Data Management Tools
Members have requested tools to help them comply with the GDPR. And we’re happy to say that we’ve built those tools.
Compliance-related tools include the following:
- Import and export tools. Businesses and organizations may access, import, and export all their Customer Data
- Profile deletion tool. Help Members respond to user requests to delete personal information, such as names and email addresses, from a ZenQMS account. All this can be done within the application directly by an Authorized administrator, but you can also submit a request to email@example.com.
Fulfilling our privacy and data security commitments is important to us. So we’re glad to help you prepare for all the changes the GDPR brings. This page will be revised to reflect GDPR-related information as it becomes available. If you have any questions about how ZenQMS can help you with compliance, we hope you’ll reach out to us.
- ZenQMS' User Terms: go to app.zenqms.com and click "Terms of Service" link in footer
- Full text of the GDPR