This window's works differently depending on a user's permissions and whether they are from the Auditor or Auditee. So if you can't do some of the actions listed below make sure that you are correctly listed as the Auditor Assignee or Auditee Assignee user. Once an observation has been "RESOLVED", it will remain locked for editing by most all users unless the Auditor Assignee unlocks it.
Instructions for Auditors
- Set 'Auditor Assignee' to yourself and click the button to be able to edit this observation.
- Change the 'Action Due Date' if needed
- Review the 'Observation Response'. Auditor Assignees can edit the DRAFT response directly until the Audit has been Sent to the Auditee. When that happens, Auditors will only see the FINAL version of the Auditee's response.
- Click the button to set status to "Resolved". You can always reverse this by clicking the ' Click to Reset Status to 'Unresolved'' link.
You can upload files at any time. If the Auditee has linked an Issue investigation or related CAPAs to this Observation, you will not see them here unless they have explicitly added you as an External Notification.
Instructions for Auditees
- Set 'Auditee Assignee' to yourself and click the button to be able to edit this observation.
- Enter your DRAFT response in the Observation Response section. The Auditor cannot see your response until it is marked FINAL. Remember you can IMPORT a file or Copy/Paste content into the response.
- When the response is Final, click the button. This will lock the response from further editing and immediately notify the Auditor.