- Navigate to the Auditee's QSheet using the "Jump to Qsheet" control (Section 2.01); if the site doesn't exist, you can create a new site following Sections 2.02 & 2.03.
- Click the "Create New Report" menu item on the left side of the page. You will be taken to the Qsheet > Reports > Show All Reports page where you will see a table of any existing audit reports you or your colleagues have created for this same Auditee site.
Note on "Show All Reports table": If you authored one of the existing audits, you can click the "Edit" link for the audit to enter the report editor. Otherwise, you will only see a "PDF" link next to the audit, which will allow you to download a PDF of the audit.
- Select the "Compose New Audit" button on at the top of the page. After you enter an audit date a new DRAFT audit is created, and you will be taken to the New Audit > Audit Details page. The only required fields on this page are Lead Auditor (you are pre-selected), Audit Date (you have already entered), Audit Type and Audit Category. All other fields are optional, but we strongly recommend them for enhanced analytics and defer to your company's protocols.
- Enter the number of Audit Days; for example, if the audit started/ended on the same day enter "1".
- Note the "Response Due In" field is pre-set to 30 days. This means that all observations will have their Action Due dates set to 30 days from the ISSUE DATE of the audit report (e.g. completion of the Publish Final Report workflow). The action due date will reset a second time when the Auditee formally receives the audit report (e.g. completes the Send to Auditee workflow), but this will NOT happen if you don't send the audit to them through ZenQMS. You can reset the due date for all observations in the Audit > Observations page.
- Quality Systems: Select relevant quality systems using the check marks.
- Auditors: Add new Auditors using the "Add New" link above that table. (note—users will have had to configure their settings to be visible in dropdown lists per Section 1.2). You can also add registered consultants or manual names. A counter at the bottom of the window will confirm every addition.
- Participants: If someone attends an audit as a subject matter expert but not as an auditor, add them as a participant to preserve your resource metrics. You can also easily add the names of any important participants from the Auditee. (note—users will have had to configure their settings to be visible in dropdown lists per Section 1.2). A counter at the bottom of the window will confirm every addition.
- Audit Standards: Add relevant Audit Standards using the "Add New" link above that table and selecting from the list of pre-loaded standards. This step is required if you would like to search for and add citations to your findings. If you can't find a mainstream standard that you need, please contact us so we can add it. In addition to pre-defined regulatory standards, you can also add manual audit standards (e.g. Quality Agreement) in the event you want to tie a finding back to a private citation/document.
- Notifications: Auditors can provide ad hoc or automatic notifications to select users or groups right from the Audit Details section. Use the search box to find/add individuals or named groups to the notification list for this audit. On completing the "Publish Final Report" workflow, those listed will receive an automatic notification to their ZenQMS Inbox which will include a link for quick download of the final report. Auditors can also share the audit report on demand by selecting the “Send Current Version Now” link and including a message.
- Going to another tab in the New Audit section, for instance the Audit Report tab, automatically saves any items that have not been saved on page you are leaving. Or you can also click the "Save/Exit" button from any page to save your work and be returned to the Qsheet > Reports > Show All Reports page. Let's try the latter right now:
- Click "Save/Exit" button
- From the Show All Reports page, find your audit and click the "Edit" link in that row to return to it.
Your Audit Details page might look like the one below when you are finished.