With the proper permissions granted, a user may issue a controlled copy and document the event within ZenQMS using the “Controlled Copies” feature and their electronic signature.
Within the Document Management/Review Screen, click the “Controlled Copies” subtab. Here you will see a table that will contain all of the controlled copies issued and specific details of the issued document including a unique Copy ID, the user who requested the issued copy, the issue date, the recipient, pages included, current status (if it is issued or destroyed and by whom), and the details of issued copy.
To issue a new controlled copy:
- Click the blue “Issue New Controlled Copy” button.
- Select from the dropdown menu a ZenQMS user to whom you are issuing this controlled copy.
- Select your page range.
- Enter in key details in the short text box.
- Click the green ‘Generate Preview’ button to see an updated preview of the controlled copy before downloading the file. Please note the unique Copy ID will be located in the Header at the top right hand corner in red along with your key details entered. Once it is downloaded the “XX” at the end of the Copy ID will contain the number corresponding the number of times the document has been issued. For example, if this is the second controlled copy issued, the Copy ID will end in -02.
- Click the blue “Download Controlled Copy” button when you are ready to download the final version of the document into a PDF format.
You can also issue a controlled copy by clicking on the download icon in the Documents table and then select “Issue Controlled Copy” hyperlink.