When you are in the documents module you will see a table that contains all of the documents to which the user has access. Using the keyword search bar at the top, enter one or more words within the box and press enter. This will search all metadata associated with the documents and the attached file, given that the document is a searchable extension like Microsoft Word.
You can also use the columns displayed in the table to search for documents. Within column headers you can keyword search as well. By clicking on a column header, you can sort the table by that column in ascending or descending order.
Please note there are nine different document states:
- Draft: All documents start here. Only authors and users with special permission can see these documents.
- Draft Review: Documents with an active draft review workflow.
- Reviewed: Designates documents that have completed part or all of a draft review workflow.
- Awaiting Approval: Final Approval workflow is active.
- Rejected: Temporary state triggered by a workflow rejection.
- Approved: Document completed approval workflow.
- Effective: Document effective date has been reached.
- Flagged for Retirement: After a review has been completed, document has a new draft in process.
- Retired: document is retired and only visible to authors and users with archive access.
We can also apply filters within a column heading. For example, to filter by Effective Date. Let’s say we want to see all documents with an effective date that was AFTER Jan 1, 2016. Set the filter to “equal to or greater than” and enter the date as 01-Jan-2016 and press Enter. Your results will automatically be shown in the table.
Once you’ve located the document you are searching for, you can press “Edit” to edit the document, click the blue arrow to download a PDF copy of the document, or the eye icon to view the document within the system.
You can customize the columns within the table by clicking the Customize button and dragging and drop either a column from the table to the list of options or an option from the list to the table.
You can export your view of the table at any time to CSV or Excel file format. Choose the Export Table button and then choose the file format you want to choose. A download of the file will automatically begin.