Users' access to various parts of the application is restricted based on rights/permissions explicitly granted to them by their Member Administrators. Member Administrators can access this section either by a) clicking the "Manage Groups" button in the Home > Administration > Member Account > Users page; or b) by navigating to the Home > Administration > Configuration > Groups/Permission. Either method will bring up a window that looks like the picture below:
- The "Select a Group" dropdown allows you select which already defined group you want to manage
- Add new groups using the "Create Group" link.
- After selecting an existing group, you can add users to the group with the second dropdown list that appears. On the left side of the page. Delete users in the list with the trash can icon
Permissions are granted to Groups and users must be added to a group to gain new rights. ZenQMS has a few predefined groups with designated rights that make sense by function but your administrator can easily edit/delete these or create new ones.
- User rights are cumulative, so users can be added to more than one group. This means if a user is assigned to multiple groups, the group with the highest level of permission takes precedence.
- Users that are added to no groups will have very limited access to the system, including Qsheet.
- Rights are granted by checking off key elements of the application in the table on the right side.
- All changes take effect immediately, though in most cases it helps to have a user log out and back in again.
Here is a summary of the existing Subscriptions/Permissions (explanatory notes included where needed):
- User Restricted to Audits, Observations, Issues, CAPAs, etc from their site
- Can Access Watchlist
- Can Close Out Any Audit Report—Users can close out audit reports authored by any other user in his account.
- Can Edit Audits & See All Observations and Audit Reports: Users can author and manage audit reports but can NOT create new audit reports. Auditors should have this right.
- Can Access Any Audit Report in Qsheet or Audit > Reports Page: Users that need to quickly find audit reports. Auditors should have this right.
- Can Create New Audit Reports or Manage Recurring Audits: Users with this permission can create new reports from Qsheet > Snapshot with the "Add a New Recurring Audit" link or from Qsheet > Reports page using the "Compose New Audit" button. If you maintain central planning and want to control who gets to create new audit reports, then you should not give this permission to Auditors.
- Member Administration/Configuration: A very sensitive role—these users have full control of all settings and groups/permissions for the member in the Administration > Member Account and Configuration sections. This role should have limited access.
- Super Admin Role: Has full Edit/Admin access to any Document, Course, Event, Test, Audit or Issue/CAPA: This is a special role that allows designated users to open and edit any audit in your account. This role should also be carefully managed.
- Site Administration/Management: Access to the Administration > Site Management tab, which allows a user to update/edit his member's Site Qsheet Profiles.
- Can See All Issues Or CAPAs
- Can Edit Any Issue Or CAPA
- Qsheet: Has Read/Write Access to Documents Section
- Qsheet: Can Access Consultants, Forum, & Documents
- Qsheet: Can Edit Qsheet/snapshot Private Data Fields
- Can Add New Controlled Files
- Can Create/Manage Document Categories
- Can Create/Manage New Training Courses
- Can Create/Manage New Training Events
- Can See Training Records for Whole Company
- Can See Document Archive & Delete Past Due Items
- Can Add New Tests
- Can See & Edit All Tests
- Can Certify Destruction of a Controlled Copy
Create a new Group or Select an Existing Group
- Navigate to the Home > Administration > Configuration > Groups/Permission page. If you don't see this, you don't have proper access.
- Select or create a Group using the dropdown control. You will see a list of active users who are part of that group below and to the right a summary of the access rights assigned to that group.
- Add users to the group using the "Select a User" dropdown box.
- Delete users from a group.
- Edit the group's Subscriptions/Access Permissions by checking the boxes that correspond with that groups roles/responsibilities.
**WARNING** If you select the Member Administrator Role Be Careful not to eliminate your access to the Member Admin Pages sections**. Users who have had their settings changes should log out and log back in again before seeing the changes take full effect.