The old dashboard and training module defined someone as having 'yellow' training status if they had items coming due in next 30 days. The new approach actually broadens this slightly to say yellow items are anything due from today to the end of the current month PLUS the following month.
The old training dossier hid training assignments that had due dates beyond 30 days-- think about retraining on SOPs that is 2 years out. The new training dashboard shows these items but shows them as "green" or compliant.
Bottom line-- data is same but richer. You always want to train on anything that is red (past due) or yellow (coming due).
The old dashboard and dossier kept it simple-- your training dossier showed you all completed training assignments AND anything that was coming due in the next 30 days. More specifically, it allowed users three potential views:
- At Risk/Non-Compliant: List of any assigned item that is past due or coming due in next 30 days.
- Currently Assigned Files: List of every document you are currently assigned plus it's more recent compliant item or at risk/past due item.
- Everything: everything you ever trained on plus anything past due or coming due in next 30 days
The New Dashboard Approach
The new dashboard does gives all this information and much more. And it does it in a way that also allows managers to see into direct reports or general trainees.
- From the new dashboard click on the Training dashboard
- Click on the % in the middle of the pie chart. The action table at the bottom of the page now shows you everything that you are currently assigned. Items are red/yellow/green based on status, but note that if you have retraining items due 3 or 4 months out, they appear as GREEN/compliant. This is a key difference. It is more intuitive to not have to hide those items. This view is most alike to the "Currently Assigned Files" view from old dossier.
- Now click on the link to refresh the table with all completed training assignments. This view is most alike to the "Everything" view from old dossier.
- If you click on either the yellow or red slices from the Training Status pie chart -OR- if you click on the yellow and red bars in the Training Pipeline chart, the action table results will be exactly like the "At Risk/Non-Compliant" view from old dashboard.
- You can export table data in any of these views.
- Please note that your daily email summary will match the structure of the dashboard preference you have set.